Monthly Guild Meetings
Each meeting features:
- A short business meeting.
- A program featuring a quilt or fiber artist, activities for guild members or entertainment.
- Project of the Month - This can change each year. Click on the link to see what is going on now.
- Cuddle Quilts - The Cuddle Quilt Committee make available at each meeting kits of fabric and batting for members to assemble into cuddle quilts. There are also pieced quilts available for members to quilt. These quilts are usually lap or crib size. Members are encouraged to make at least one cuddle quilt per year from one of these kits or from their own fabric stash. The cuddle quilts are then donated to local organizations and schools, as well as national and international causes.
- Pot of Gold - The Pot of Gold Committee provides gifts at each general meeting that are raffled off. Members have the opportunity to make donations to the Pot of Gold.
- Show and Tell - At the general meeting each month members show quilts, garments, or other fiber items they have made or acquired, and tell the stories behind them. The members like to tell us what inspired them to make the item, whether they made it for a family or friend, made it as part of a group challenge, or as the result of a class or workshop. Hopefully, this gives us all the incentive to go home and work on our own projects.
- Trash and Treasure - A table is always made available at the guild meetings for members to bring in sewing, quilt and craft items they no longer want. Members can take whatever they'd like from this table. Members who drop anything off at this table are responsible for taking any of their items left on this table at the end of the meeting back home or throwing it away.
Please remember to wear your name tags at all meetings.
Members not wearing a name tag will be asked to donate 25¢ to the Guild.